Cleaning and flushing out your black tank can be a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it! You can reference your RV's user manual, or instructions printed on the black tank flush itself. If you would like to ensure a better clean, you can follow our pro-tips below.
How To Flush & Clean Your RV's Black Tank
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How To Flush & Clean Your RV's Black Tank
Step 1: Pull the black tank valve
- Ensure the valve is completely open allowing drainage through the hose.
Step 2: Close the tank
- Once the drainage is complete, you will close the tank
Step 3: Turn Water ON
- Hook a hose to the black tank flush, and turn water on
- Pay close attention to the black tank gauge on the camper. You will want to fill to approximately 2/3 capacity.
CAUTION: Overfilling your tank with the valve closed will cause it to flood and damage your RV. While this technique can be more effective, it can be riskier if you fail to watch your gauges.
Step 4: Re-open the black tank valve
- Ensure the valve is open again and allow to drain.
The cleanest results may take multiple attempts, perhaps two to three times for the most effective results.
Step 5: Close the valve
Click on the link below to see a video on flushing your black tank:
This content is not a legal standard or regulation, and does not create any new legal obligation. It is advisory in nature, informational in content, and is intended to assist and educate consumers in the use and enjoyment of their recreational vehicles. Great American RV Superstores does not hereby make any warranty, express or implied, and does not assume any liability with respect to the use of, or damages resulting from the use of any information, method or process included in this content.